CREOSOTE can build up in a dirty chimney and cause health problems and exasperate asthma or other breathing issues. Here are some of the known problems a buildup of creosote in your chimney can cause. Physical contact with creosote buildup can cause rashes and other major skin issues.
CREOSOTE debris that gets on/in the eyes will irritate them, sometimes to the point of feeling burning sensations or actual chemical burns. Sensitivity to light is also possible. Breathing in creosote particles for a length of time often catches up with the person exposed, as lung and other respiratory issues may develop. Creosote carries with it the potential to irritate both one’s kidneys and liver. Serious exposure to creosote will cause seizures and confusion in some people.
SOOT INHALATION will also cause health problems and exasperate asthma or other breathing issues. Here are some of the known problems from soot inhalation. Like creosote, if chimney soot is inhaled in great enough amounts, it has the potential to either irritate the lungs or cause lung diseases. In conjunction with lung problems, general respiratory infections may crop up due to soot inhalation.
CARBON MONOXIDE taken into the body in small amounts may mirror flu characteristics, including fatigue, nausea, confusion or headache. The more carbon monoxide you inhale, the worse the impacts on your health. Breathing in large quantities (At once or over time) of this gas may result in brain damage or heart problems and at its worst even death.